Working for I holland
What working for us means:
At I Holland we value our people as our biggest asset and pride ourselves on the diverse range of skills and expertise within our organisation. Many of our employees have spent their entire working lives in the tabletting industry and their knowledge is second to none.
This bank of knowledge and experience is complemented by people with a range of skills and expertise developed in many diverse but closely related environments allowing new approaches and techniques to be employed within our company.
I Holland offer an excellent range of benefits to include membership of a profit-related pay scheme. We are constantly on the lookout for people with a strong engineering background so if you are interested in any of the below job roles or want to find out any more, please submit your CV and covering letter to HR@iholland.co.uk
Current Career Opportunities
Technical Sales/Technical Support Manager
Positions available in Americas, EMEA and APAC
About I Holland
I Holland is unique. A truly British engineering and manufacturing success story: the world’s best-known manufacturer of tablet punches and dies. We use seven decades of experience, research and engineering know-how to provide precision tooling solutions to thousands of customers in over 100 countries around the globe. Operating within a premium niche in the pharmaceutical industry and other tabletting sectors, the I Holland brand is synonymous with innovation, technical support, durability, quality, productivity and responsiveness. I Holland has continuously innovated throughout its rich history, pioneering the advancement of the industry through the development of patent-protected technical solutions, positioning I Holland as the preferred tablet tooling partner of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Where I Holland leads, our competitors follow.
At I Holland we value our people as the biggest asset and pride ourselves on the diverse range of skills and expertise within our organisation. Many of our employees have spent their entire working lives in the tabletting industry and their knowledge is second to none. This bank of knowledge and experience is complemented by people with a range of skills and expertise developed in many diverse but closely related environments allowing new approaches and techniques to be employed within our company. To achieve excellence in customer service throughout the organization, I Holland is committed to the training and development of our team so each individual can reach their full potential. To achieve this goal, I Holland offers progression opportunities and exposure to multiple roles within a dynamic cutting edge manufacturing, sales and service environment.
I Holland implements a solution model, working closely with our customers and agents to identify and resolve issues in the tablet production process, addressing manufacturing challenges even before they manifest in production. In support of this model, I Holland
requires our technical sales team be extremely competent in the tablet manufacturing process, specially tooling design and specification, to allow for the effective communication of technical solutions to an exacting customer base. The ultimate objective of the TSM role is to generate sales growth of all I Holland products and services through the creation of new opportunities and building customers’ loyalty combining direct activity and sound management of agent networks. The successful candidate will have 4 main areas of responsibility:
- Troubleshooting complex technical manufacturing issues, becoming the ‘Go-To’ technical resource for I Holland customers in the delivery of value- add engineering
- The creation and execution of a plan to generate growth and new business within the I Holland strategic vision of value-add engineering
- The management and support of allocated agents to create an effective, motivated and successful partnership
- The effective communication with all stakeholders (customers, agents and related functions within our company) to achieve mutual goals
It is a truly international role that requires extensive travelling for face-to-face discussions, approx. 40% of the time, within the area of responsibility.
We expect candidates for these roles to have an extremely positive and can-do attitude, a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, problem-solving ability, and a deep understanding of the cultural differences between countries. Some of the qualifications and skills that we are looking for are:
- Engineering degree (BSME preferred) or demonstrated equivalent technical capabilities
- Foreign language skills at negotiation level
- Five (5) years field sales or technical support experience
- Satisfactory test results in qualification process
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Strong organisational and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer / IT systems skills
- Desire to grow within the organisation
- Previous experience of working with agents
- Must demonstrate job longevity
If you are enthused by the opportunity to contribute actively to I Holland’s success, you want to join a very committed & supporting team and are up to the challenge, you will be offered a remuneration package in line with the responsibilities of the position and your experience, composed of a competitive base salary + profit-related pay scheme + bonus + benefits.
General Operator – Inspection (Temp)
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience in a precision engineering inspection environment
- CMM experience (Mitutoyo CMM desirable)
The position will involve:
- In process and final visual inspection of precision made tablet compression tooling
- Use of hand gauges such as verniers and micrometers
- Use of inspection jigs and associated fixturing
- Using inspection software to record results and produce reports
- Raising NCRs
- Keen and consistent attention to detail, whilst working at pace
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to adhere to procedures
- Good standard of eyesight to conform
- Positive work attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings
Hours of work – AM and PM shifts (39 hours)
Shift Premium and Pay – £10.87, representing 95% of the starting rate for this position. On successful completion of the probationary period the hourly rate will increase to £11.44 per hour plus an average of 30% shift premium for this work pattern.
Benefits include – Profit related pay bonus, 23.5 days holiday, contributory pension, life assurance, free eye testing and free parking.
Research & Development Engineer
Reporting to the Research, Development and Quality Systems Manager you will manage and work hands-on with multiple development projects.
I Holland’s R&D team and responsible for the development of both products and manufacturing processes and you’ll be expected to work on projects from both sides of the business.
You will have a Mechanical Engineering Degree preferably with some experience of metallurgy and advanced metallurgical coatings. A good understand of Microsoft office is essential.
You will be expected to become a subject matter expert (relating to all products passing through R&D) and such, hold a key position within our Customer Support Group.
You will be a very good communicator at all levels and will be willing to travel abroad on occasion. You will hold a full UK driving license.
Manage multiple development projects
Facilitate the manufacture of parts/components etc
Liaise with manufacturing to research new machining processes
Manage development partners during and after development projects
Be responsible for our Component Testing Program (Wear, Corrosion & Toughness)
Key Performance Indicators:
Successful project implementations
Return on investments/cost saving benefits
Finishing Projects on Time and to Budget
IP Protected New Products
Role would suit recently qualified graduate or 2 years work experience.
Learn more on I Holland's PHARMACARE® 7 Step Process
Catch up on the latest news and events at I Holland
View our latest case studies and brochures
Get In Touch
Have any questions? Get in touch with our team today